Bills and accounts

0345 600 3 600

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.                                           
More contacts

Water supply and sewerage

0345 600 4 600

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (emergencies only at other times)
More contacts
Contact us
  • Enquiries and complaints

    We aim to provide you with a high standard of service. We want to hear from you if you:

    • are disappointed with the service you have received so we can make future improvements
    • have a query or would like to compliment our service.

    Operational enquiries

    If you have an enquiry about your water supply or sewerage service, you can contact us in one of three ways:

    Call: 0345 600 4 600 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, emergencies only at other times)

    Email: operational enquiries (non emergency enquiries only)

    Write to: Operational Customer Services, Wessex Water, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7WW

    We aim to deal with your enquiry quickly. We may need more time to deal with a complicated question or problem. However, we will respond within 10 working days*.

    Operational complaints

    If you have a complaint, we have a simple procedure for you to follow to ensure your complaint is dealt with promptly.

  • Stage one

    You have a complaint.

    The first stage is to  contact us  by telephone, email or letter about your complaint.

    If you are satisfied with our response, that resolves the matter.

    If not, you can take your complaint to stage two.

    Stage two

    The next stage is to write to the chief executive asking him to review your complaint.

    If you are satisfied with his response, that resolves the matter.

    If not, you can take your complaint to the next stage.


    Stage three

    The next stage is to take your complaint to the  Consumer Council for Water  .

    If you are satisfied with CCW's response, that resolves the matter.

    If not, you can take your complaint to the final stage.


    Stage four

    The final stage is to take your complaint to  WATRS, the Water Redress Scheme .
  • Handling your complaint

    We will reply to you within 10 working days from the date we receive your complaint.

    * If we fail to respond to these timescales, you will automatically receive £25 compensation under our customer guarantee scheme, the Wessex Water Promise.

    Water Redress Scheme

    If your complaint remains unresolved after it has gone through all the stages of our complaints procedure and has been reviewed by the Consumer Council for Water, you may be eligible to take your concerns to WATRS, the Water Redress Scheme, which can provide an independent binding decision.

    WATRS is a voluntary dispute resolution scheme designed to provide an independent, impartial and easy to use alternative to going to court or a tribunal.

    You can make an application, free of charge, via the WATRS website. For an application form to be sent to you email or call 0207 520 3801. Guidance notes are available.

    Their address is: WATRS, Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution, International Dispute Resolution Centre, 70 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1EU.

    We have signed up to the scheme's commitments which are to:

    • provide WATRS free of charge to customers
    • support the principles set out in the alternative dispute resolution (ADR) specification
    • respect the independence of WATRS
    • be bound by decision of the WATRS’ adjudicator if accepted by the customer and to implement the decision as required by the scheme rules
    • cooperate with and have due regard to the recommendations of the ADR panel
    • provide accurate and reliable information to and cooperate with the WATRS’ adjudicators.

    A full copy of these commitments, the scheme rules, further information and frequently asked questions can be found at the WATRS website.

    Ofwat handled disputes

    In some cases the Consumer Council for Water will not be able to deal with your complaint.

    You or the Consumer Council for Water may refer certain disputes to Ofwat, the Water Services Regulation Authority, for a decision.

    Wessex Water or the Consumer Council for Water can provide more information about which disputes can be referred to Ofwat.


    Our complaints procedure is designed to make it as easy as possible for you to have your complaint dealt with quickly, cheaply and fairly.

    Some complaints may need to be decided by an arbitrator and not Ofwat. These include prevention of contamination, costs of installing a water meter, location of a water meter and compensation for street works.

    We hope you will not have to resort to the time and expense of arbitration or legal proceedings. For more details about arbitration, contact your local office of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.

Popular questions
Popular questions
Close this message